St Mary's Church, Sawston


The Friends of St Mary’s Church

The Friends of St Mary’s Church, Sawston is a Registered Charity (Number: 1112700) set up in 2005 to raise money through subscriptions, donations and events, to maintain and preserve the fabric of the church and its furniture and fittings. We have paid for a lantern outside the porch, new lighting in the chancel and lime-washing of all the interior walls, and have made contributions towards the restoration of two magnificent altar frontals. Our most recent project was the cleaning and refurbishment of the historic 1894 organ by Bishop and Son, which is one of the few remaining nineteenth-century instruments by this well-known firm that survives with its original disposition.

 

The Charity Trustees are:

Dr Richard Maunder (Chairman)

Mrs Mary Russen (Treasurer)

Mrs Sue Brindley (Secretary)

Mrs Janet Marven

Mrs Marilyn Maunder

Revd Alan Partridge

Mr Stephen Williams

Tweet